At the first visit, the dentist will perform a thorough. dental check. Typically, it will follow:
– X-ray examination – giving us information on possible hidden caries, tumors, cysts and highlighting the position of the teeth and roots;
– Facial examination – examination of the face, neck, lips, tongue, gums and cheeks;
– Evaluation of gum disease– the gums and the surrounding bone are examined to evaluate the onset of periodontal disease;
– Examination of the teeth – all dental surfaces will be examined with specific tools to discover tooth decay;
– Examination of existing restorations – check all fillings, crowns, bridges, etc.